Want-Want Foods was founded in 1962 and has over 50 years experience in producing high quality food products. Over the year, we have grown to become the largest maker of rice snack products in the world. Want-Want is a listed company on the prestigious Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Want-Want rice cracker products have been available in Canada and the United States for over 25 years. They can be found in virtually all supermarkets across the continent.
A key philosophy behind all Want-Want rice cracker products is that because rice is the primary ingredient, Want-Want uses only top grade Japonica Rice sourced from the most reputable farmers. The rice must be of top quality and conform to rigorous standards. Using the best rice will result in the best rice cracker.
We truly hope that you will enjoy Mum-Mum products and we pledge to continually strive for improvement so that we can offer you and your family the best products possible.
Quality Certified to International Food Safety Standards Company
Product quality and food safety are part of every step we take.
We believe in selecting only the best quality ingredients and we conform to the highest food safety standards developed by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). GFSI is a collaboration of the world’s leading food safety experts from retailer, manufacturer and food services companies.
We are certified to 3 international and North American manufacturing standards, including the International Standards Organization ISO22000 that incorporates the HACCP food safety system of food manufacturing, IFS (International Featured Standards for Food) that provides safety standards to monitor quality levels, and the BRC (British Retail Consortium) internationally recognized standard for food manufacturers. We are accredited to these standards by Intertek, an independent certification body for food safety programs.
In addition to compliance with GFSI, Baby Mum-Mum and Toddler Mum-Mum products comply with US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) standards and guidelines.
Our Mission for healthy baby snacks
• To provide all natural products of great quality, value and taste
• To offer all natural and organic product choices at a fair price
• To help our customers learn about growth, development, and healthy eating in a way that matters to them
• To support sustainability and help preserve the world by making green choices in all we do
• To provide a healthy and enjoyable workplace for all employees, with opportunities to grow
Our Philosophy on natural and healthy ingredients
All our products are made in adherence with our core philosophy of using all natural or organic, high quality,
and healthy ingredients:
• Mum-Mums are made with premium quality non GMO Japonica Rice. Japonica is the same rice species that is used for sushi, because it provides the best flavor, aroma and texture. It is milled in house to ensure highest quality and consistency.
• We believe in minimizing the use of fat, sugar and sodium. Our products are baked and low in fat with no
trans fats and have no added fats or oils
• Our products have no artificial flavors
• We make many of our products food allergen free
• We package our products in hygienic fresh packs for your convenience whether you’re at home or on the go
• We believe in only using non GMO ingredients to preserve bio diversity
Our Values and Role in the Community
Our company values are based on a culture of mutual respect and collaboration. We believe in providing a helping hand where it is needed, and in going the extra mile. We value our customers' trust and believe in honesty and transparency.
We have a tradition of providing assistance to those who are in need, particularly the young. We have built schools, provided scholarships, offered aid and relief to victims of natural disasters, and have made contributions towards treatments for hospitalized pediatric patients.
Sustainability & The Environment
We believe in the protection of the environment, sustainable growing practices and bio diversity.
We believe that we can make a difference in reducing greenhouse gases and offsetting the negative effects of climate change as we are continuously looking for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our products.
Our company has made it a top priority to save energy, reduce our carbon footprint, and offset the effects of climate change. In 2008, we established a tree farm of fast growing species to generate our own carbon credits as well as supply raw materials for packaging.
Our packaging boxes are made with 100% recycled materials including at least 65% post consumer material.
The Choice to eat organic food
We believe that everyone should have the choice to eat organic and we are proud to offer both Baby Mum-Mum and Toddler Mum-Mum organic rice biscuits that are certified USDA Organic. Our Rice Crisps and SuperSlim Rice Crisps are made with organic rice.